Tuesday 30 June 2015

Playing Catch-up.

Hi there scrappy friends, I hope you are enjoying your Summer so far. It's just starting to get seriously hot here in the UK, something that we are not used to! We wait for summer to arrive then before we know it the kids are back at school and we are worrying where the year went!!
I have been busy with the garden and children's activities lately so not alot of scrapping is getting done.....but I realised I had not shared with you some of my double pages from my last weekend crop. So without any more babble from me..... 


Whilst in France last year we found a beautiful spot that required a small hike down to the shore of  a glacier fed river.
It was such a stunning, restful place that I could have stayed there for hours!


This is the left side.
My colour inspiration came from the clothes we were wearing,  Pebbles Front Porch collection were my choice of papers.


Right side.
My title is made from some seriously old stickers that had a faux stitching on them so I recreated the effect with a doodled border around my pages.


I was pleasantly surprised to find some pre-made flowers that were the perfect match! 
Using plain cardstock I die-cut hexagons to place around my photo's, I haven't used this shape for ages and it was nice to do something a bit different.


I took a couple of photo's from above the spot where we were exploring and tried to match them together to get a better view of the area. I quite like the effect and will try and remember to try it again when the opportunity arises this summer.


My second double is about various areas that we visited in Disney Land Paris.
For these pages I used a beautiful paper stack - Heidi Swapp Hello Today. If you use more girly papers I recommend  this line, there are pinks, blues and kraft and plenty of modern patterns in the mix.


Left side.
I am determined to use up some ultra old large chipboard letters so for this layout I left a large space and painted the letters with acrylic paint to match my papers.


Right side.
I had kept some of the Fast Passes from the days in the parks and incorporated them into my design.


Just a few close-up's....



I am struggling with my mojo at the moment and I keep trying different techniques but I think
I will stick to clean and simple as that's what seems to make me happiest. 
These two layouts seem to be more my style, I still like bright fun papers but I need to combine them with plenty of white.
That's it from me today and I hope you liked my layouts.
Hope your week is crafty.
Hugs
Kerry. xx

2 comments:

  1. Both of these layouts are beautiful! I haven't used hexagons in...well, ever! Maybe it's time I dust off that hexagon die and actually use some on a page! I love the way you added the faux stitching around the page to tie in with your alphas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are really inspirational Kerry and although I don't scrapbook myself I always admire what you do and your pages are always interesting and good use of space. The double pages are lovely in how they capture the story and detail. I love how you fit lots of photos to a page...

    ReplyDelete