Friday 7 November 2014

Happy Mail.

Hi there scrappy friends, I'm so happy because it's FRIDAY! This is my favourite day of the week as not only have I not got work but I usually get to do something nice with friends or family.

Today has it's good and bad points, it's the reveal of the November challenge over at Challenge YOUrself (definitely good!) but it is also my last one as I have stepped down from the design team (most certainly not good!). I am hoping to start a new venture next year so thought I had better make a little time in my schedule. I have totally enjoyed being on Lynn's awesome team this year and hope to still play along to keep myself scrapping about 'me'. 

So onto the challenge for November - a sketch to kick start your mojo.
We would love to see your interpretation of the sketch BUT remember that YOU MUST be in the photo as that's what these challenges are all about!  

So here is my layout based on the sketch and it features me showing off some happy mail. We all love to receive crafty goodness through the post and if it's a prize - even better! I used the pretty papers that I received in the box from My Creative Sketches, fussy cutting the frames to use in place of the circles in the sketch. 
I also added the piece of ribbon, wrapped around the layers of papers and tied in a bow.

I layered pieces of the papers on top of some vellum, tucking some of the frames in between at the edges.

A scattering at the top of the page of some of the MME buttons in the box.

I managed to make my title from some old Basic Grey letters. and added some chevrons for a bit of colour and interest at the bottom of the page.

I hope I have inspired you to play along and if you hop on over to the Challenge YOUrself blog HERE you can see the rest of the DT's interpretation of the sketch. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today. 
I will have some more scrappiness to share over the weekend. xx

2 comments:

  1. Your layout is so much fun, Kerry! I can feel you excitement for getting some happy mail! Your take on the sketch is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch Kerri! Love all the frames and the photos are super fun!! xo

    ReplyDelete