Saturday 1 November 2014

Sharp Shooters.

I think Autumn has finally arrived here in the UK today, drizzle and cloudy skies! Yesterday in comparison was the hottest Halloween on record at a blistering 23 degrees when the average for the UK is 6 degrees!
But I think the turn of the calendar is also the turning point for the weather so to keep my spirits up I have a girly page to share with you today that was created for the 1st sketch of the month at Sketch N Scrap.
This lovely multi-photo sketch was designed by the talented Lisa Hidy.

This is my take on the sketch (after I turned it on it's head!) using my favourite American Crafts line Polka Dot Party.

I just adore the flower paper that is perfect for fussy cutting, I'm sure you have seen them a lot but I made sure I had plenty of sheets of it to last me until a rival for my affections comes along! 

 I thought my title (after I cut out all the letters!) was not 'shouty' enough even though it was glittery. I was going to outline it with black fine liner but then if I didn't like it afterwards I would be disappointed. So 'un-shouty'  I left it!

I layered some washi to sit my 'un-shouty' title on and added some stars and stickers around the page until I was happy. 

If you would like to play along with us at Sketch N Scrap all the DT takes and the details of how to submit your layout can be found on the Sketch N Scrap blog HERE.
This month we have a brand new sponsor! We are excited to welcome Rainbows & Scrapbooks as our November sponsor!
Rainbows & Scrapbooks is offering a $20 gift certificate to their Etsy shop to one lucky winner! But that's not all! All Sketch N Scrap readers can get FREE domestic shipping on orders placed during the month of November at  the Rainbows & Scrapbook's store!!!!!  How cool is that??!!!  Just enter the code Rainbows2 at checkout!

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend. xx

3 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS page!!! Love the patterned papers - such pretty colors. And beautiful embellishments - love what you did with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fussy cutting just amazes me every time. Everything always looks professionally die cut! Incredible! Your page is wonderful. Your comment about "un-shouty" made me giggle! Have a grand day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you've done with this sketch, and love your story about the un-shouty title . He He xxx

    ReplyDelete