Sunday 20 February 2011

Burning the Midnight Candle.

I was working on a challenge for STUCK last night and was enjoying myself so much that I carried on way past midnight, long after hubby had gone to bed. I think going to the Stitch and Creative Crafts show at Braintree Friday really made me enthusiastic to scrap more. I got three pages finished this weekend, which must be a record for me as I am a very slow scrapper so I will post the others later.
So here is the layout I did for the Stuck sketch challenge (still time to enter). I love the colours of the Fancy Pants Aged Floral line and still have some that I might make a card with later.
Below are some close ups of some parts of the page.

I wanted the subtitle to be subtle so I used rub ons on acetate which I have been seeing around quite a bit lately.

I didn't have any buttons that quite matched so made my own using a Sizzix die I've had for years and hardly used.


These little flowers were cut out of the pattern paper and the little hearts were from the Martha Stewart edge Punch leftovers. I was going to throw them away but accidentally dropped them on the top corner of the page, liked the effect so much I stuck them down and punched some more out for the bottom corner!

As the girls had lacy flowers on their dresses and the sketch had a bow on the top of the photo I thought I would make a layered flower from some scrap sheer fabric and tissue paper.
Thanks for popping by and why don't you have a go at the Stuck sketches they have two a month so plenty to choose from!

No comments:

Post a Comment