Sunday, 22 May 2016

& Relax

Dashing in (as usual!) to share a layout I have up on the Like Forever Blog today.
Nicola, the owner of this fabulous kit club runs challenges on Sundays and this weeks one that I have created for is to add a household item to your page, PL or planner.
All the stash used on this page came from the Like Forever Kit 'Live Out Loud'.


I really wanted to use the circle wood veneer embellishment and decided to cut it in half for a different effect. I also painted it with blue acrylic paint to match in with the colours in the papers. Once it was all dry I gathered my photo, kit and my two household items together and had a play!
The photo is of one of our cats enjoying the Spring sunshine. I’m lucky that he’s a poser and quite happy to have a camera pointed at him, unlike our other two cats!


I backed some of the apertures with paper and the one’s  I left empty, I placed embellishments inside instead. This one has a little card from the Elle’s Studio Bit and Pieces pack, some clear sequins and a cute star made from some paper scraps.


This aperture has a die cut heart and button from the kit and a punched vellum circle.


I used the wooden ampersand from the Fancy Free Wood Veneer pack as part of my title and the word ‘relax’ was made from the beautiful glitter Thickers in the kit. I added some more little stars to accompany the title.


This photo shows the safety pin that I used as one of my household items. It is very small so it was a bit tricky to get through the die cut (helps if the die cut is not glued to the page first!).


Using a paper straw as one of my household items was my first thought when given this challenge. I have a few different colours of straws in my stash (I mean in my house!) so I picked the colour that matched the papers. As the photo was partly on the wooden circle and therefore raised from the page I used the straw to support the other edge of the photo as well as an embellishment. The length of twine is simply threaded through the straw and tied off into a bow.

Like Forever is a UK based kit club. If you would like further information you can visit the blog HERE and the shop HERE.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your Sunday.
Hugs 
Kerry. xx



2 comments:

  1. Hello Kerry! How are you? Lovely layout! So cute.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just sent you an email re: mask I used on cocoa vanilla layout :) hope that helps

    ReplyDelete