Monday 10 September 2012

Use it or lose it.

Now if you are regular visitor to my blog you will no doubt know that my dear friend Helen and I have a challenge every few weeks with each other. This time around it was to use an item that we have bought, had for a long time and never even opened the packet!
I know we all have those items in our stash that we have liked at the time of purchase, it was a bargain and would come in useful for a page at some time or just haven't found the right time to use it.
I keep meaning to have a sort through my drawers of crafty goodness and use it or lose it because I have a limited space to store my stash and it's overflowing! So what better challenge for me than to get an item out of the drawers and do something creative with it.

 
This is the item of stash I have had for years, a sheet of rub ons that I thought I could use with one of the many Disney photo's I took the first time we went to Florida. All pink and girly just not my style anymore (not sure it ever was).

 
Here is the page I made using the rub on's, some of them went straight onto the page and others like the castle were put onto cardstock and cut out then I used sticky foam to adhere them to the page to add some dimension.
 
Here is Helen's item of old stash and was also bought with her Disney trips in mind.  
 
 
Helen was really pleased that not only did she find the photo's she wanted to use from her vast selection but the she found some papers that matched perfectly with the colours of the dimensional stickers.
I was impressed with Helen's title, as her daughters birthday celebrations were at Disneyland Paris she put Happy Birthday in French! 

1 comment:

  1. I think I have some of these types of stickers somewhere! SO inspiring to see them in use! and the use of the rub ons on your Cinderella page is lovely! Had fun stopping by your blog today!

    ReplyDelete