Thursday 20 February 2014

Rough & Tumble.

Oh what fun it is to play with paints and inks and stamps! Scrapology have an awesome sketch challenge this month and I went crazy with my page. I had the perfect photo's and time to really let my hair down!
Here is the sketch and the name of the challenge is X is for (e)Xplosion!
Here is my page featuring two of my cats Demi and Ginger who love to play rough! So funny to watch them and sometimes cringe when one or the other has got their teeth around the others throat!
I watched a paint technique last week using water colours and acetate to create a totally unpredictable effect and had a play at the weekend crop. You don't know how it's going to look until you have placed paint onto paper. I loved it as I can sometimes do with being more spontaneous!  Perhaps I will try and find the link again to post here for you.
The spidery grey splat is from blowing through a straw to disperse the paint (I told you I had fun!), I even stamped straight onto the page!!!!! There are scattering of sequins, stars, punched hearts and even some waste from my Silhouette cutting (the little diamond shapes).
Now it's your turn to have some exploding fun with this sketch challenge!
They also have a card challenge at the moment too so go check it out HERE. 

 I am also entering this page into the Little Red Wagon Challenge #225 - Anything But A Card.... But with Paper.
They are a weekly challenge blog and I usually miss the deadline with my slow scrapping! They have an awesome Design Team so go check out their blog and have a play!
Almost the weekend! 
I hope you find time to play with paper and glue.
Thanks you for looking in on me. xx

7 comments:

  1. Very cool take on the sketch! Love the mixed font title and the use of the small stamps around the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this is fantastic! Love those photos and love how you did the lettering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This looks like it was fun to create! I'm impressed! I still need to play with mixed media stuff -- I am still very much a newbie at it all. Perhaps I should follow your footsteps and let my hair down and just go for it! This a great page! Go Kerry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page and great photos!
    Thanks for taking part in the challenge :)
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Kerry, I absolutely LOVE your layout, really eyecatching. Thanks so uch for joining in the Scrapology Challenge this month....and good luck to you x
    Warmest wishes Anita xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful layout! I love all the paint splats and splatters. And the colours are fab! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing page...you really did let rip! Thank you for entering the Scrapology challenge and good luck x

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete