Wednesday 9 April 2014

The Great Descent.

I have managed to squeeze in a layout for the Scrap365 sketch challenge this month, it is only open until 11th April so I was cutting it a bit fine!
Here is the sketch.
And here is the layout I created using the sketch.
During our holiday last year in Ibiza we discovered a great beach but there was a drawback! The climb down! There was a good path but it was so very steep as the beach was below a cliff and whilst the descent was ok as it was early morning and down hill, coming back up in the midday sun was torturous!
I wanted the page to have movement due to the theme of my photo so I added some texture background through a homemade triangle stencil. Then I recreated the chevrons from the top printed cluster using some white card chevrons re-coloured using Promarkers.
Some more chevrons (good job they are trendy!) this time cut from some patterned paper and placed around my title. A smattering of sequins and a couple of labels to finish.
All the details and the awesome DT inspiration can be found on the Scrap365 Blog HERE.
Thank you so much for stopping by today. xx


6 comments:

  1. Fabulous job on both of these Kerry! I love the texture paste background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job Kerry, love the background texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous LO Kerry! Love the triangles on the background, and that lovely blue sea! I always adore your style with so many details and neat, straight lines :)
    Colors in this LO are perfect, so fresh! Thank you for sharing this with Scrap365, my personal favorite <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this especially the symmetry of it and that fab texture! Helen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally in love with your take on the sketch! amazing! thank you for playing along with us at Scrap 365!
    hugs xxx
    SandraP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love the triangles on the background, it adds so much depth to the page without being distracting. Thanks so much for joining in the Scrap365 sketch challenge! x

    ReplyDelete