Friday 26 September 2014

Anyone For Pie?

Hi and welcome to my little scrapbooking haven. I have been to visit mt dear friend Helen today and among the usual chatting, scrapping and eating we also had our usual friendly challenge to share with each other.
This month's challenge was set by me and it was to include a Pie Chart on your layout.
I had seen a few examples around Pinterest and decided it would make a great challenge as neither of us had scrapped a pie chart on our pages before. 
 Here is my page to start us off, I wanted to scrap this photo of my daughter having a piggy back one evening at a local festival. It was really bad quality, too grainy and the colours are completely off (her wellies are actually bright orange!). But I loved the photo for the fun and uninhibited feel to it.
 Once the pie chart was on the page I wanted to keep the rest quite simple as the photo and pie chart were quite dominant and I liked it that way. Here I cut into the top of a Project Life card and slipped the photo under to create a tab.
 This sweet badge from Sarah's Cards looked cute in the middle of the pie with a die cut flower and some thread.
 Now to Helen's page. She was a bit apprehensive about this challenge to start with but came up trumps with her layout. A very pretty and feminine feel staring her youngest daughter (from many years ago!) and the title is perfect for the photo!
 I love the flower cluster added to the pie chart, some die cut pieces and pre-made flowers with brad centers - delightful.
A cute girly page wouldn't be complete without some butterflies and these little wooden ones are on my shopping list! The heart border was made with some washi tape and Helen's favourite die.

Helen and I are so glad that we have the opportunity to get together and scrap, we love our days together and on Saturday there is an all day crop so we will have the pleasure of each others company again! (She will tire of me soon so I need to make the most of it!!).
Anyway thanks for stopping by and hope you liked our friendly challenge this month. 
Have you made a pie chart page? We would love to see it, so leave a comment with a link if you have and we will pop in, take a peek and say hi back.
Bye for now. xx

4 comments:

  1. Fab layout! Love the patterns you used for the pie chart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative challenge! You both did an excellent job! I love your ingenious way of using the Project Life card too! There is nothing like scrapping with friends! Please tell Helen I said hello! Perhaps I will try this challenge today! I think maybe we need to find creative ways to use up our left over alphabets.... what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute layouts! I love both of them and loving the pit chart!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pages both of them and I love that you doodled on yours. A pie chart is still on my 'to do' list so maybe I should challenge myself!

    ReplyDelete