Saturday 23 May 2009

Multi photo layouts

Here I am with another double layout - I have been trying to use up all the sets of photo's that I had printed a while ago. I much prefer to do single page layout's but have set myself the task of getting these done and being able to have a bit more space on the page to GO WILD !!!! (now you know me, I play strictly in my own little box) But watch this space I may surprise you - outside the box has been calling to me.
This Center Parcs layout was done using BasicGrey's Urban Prairie papers, I wasn't very pleased with my title, although I had to distress it and go around the letters with black pen so that they would blend with the papers I have been getting lazy with my title's layout. This is where I must think more about being creative with my titles in future instead of just leaving a space and then sticking some die cut letters in.
I was in Ipswich shopping the other day and just popped into WHSmith's to check out magazines and what did I find but a brand new mag. It seemed very expensive - £5.99 ! But on inspection it's the best scrapbook mag I 've seen, It's not for beginners as it's not your usual layout. It has no demonstrations or techniques, no letters from readers, just page after page of beautiful scrapbook pages (with a half dozen cards thrown in.) When I looked up their web site it is an American mag that has been re-edited for the British market but I do prefer the American style of scrapbooking (it just seems tidier if that makes sense).
I shall bring it to the next club meeting so you can all see it. In the meantime here is a picture of the front cover if you want to go check it out yourself.

And this is a picture of my favourite layout in the mag. I just like the bright colours and the ripped papers.

I popped in to see my friend Helen the other day and we decided to have a challenge between the two of us - to do a page using this paper ! It is another BasicGrey sheet this time from the Eva line , I really do like BasicGrey at the moment, even my craft club challenge from last week I have used another different line of theirs.
I will post our layout's ( if Helen let's me that is ?) to show you how we both got on. Apparently Helen has already finished hers so I had better get my thinking cap on ( if I can find it - last seen under a pile of ironing).
Thanks for stopping by. Kerry.



No comments:

Post a Comment