Thursday 25 July 2013

Little Sucker!

My second layout has been posted over on the Scrap Our Stash  Challenge blog and this time the challenge is a sketch and to use bling!

 
Here is the sketch.
 
 
This is my interpretation of the sketch which I turned on it's side. I found this picture of my eldest daughter whilst looking for three photo's and decided that I had to scrap it (she is seventeen now!) so I added two Polaroid frames in place of the other two photo's.
Instead of a solid circle I used a lot of bubble die cuts placed in a sort of circle and put my photo's and embellies on top.
 
 
On this speech bubble there was a heart at the bottom so I covered it in bling and placed it on one of the Polaroid frames.
 
 
The photo shows my daughter at about eight months old and she had a sponge in the bath that she would always suck the warm water through and drink it! Hence the title 'Little Sucker'.
 
 
I have always loved the look of a stitched banner so I thought I would create one for this layout as I had my sewing machine out at the time.


Lots of doodling as usual and a splattering of bling around the page. This has ended up as one of my favourite layouts, maybe it is because of the photo or the colours or because of the detail I put into it.
 
Now you have seen what I have done with the sketch it's your turn to have a go. All the details of the challenge can be found on the Scrap Our Stash Blog HERE.   
 
Hope you are having a great week. xx

6 comments:

  1. Awww this is such a cute page Kerry, love all the little details and colours, one of my favourites of your LO's too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this at SOS, OMG, it is sooooo awesome! Love the bubbles, the hearts and actually...everything about it! This is an absolute fave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you've done with the bubbles. fabulous colours, bunting and Polaroids. Super x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely page! Love the way you have used the bubble die cuts.
    Thanks for visiting my blog. Sorry for writing always and only in Portuguese. My English isn't very good but I promise I'll try to write more often in English too.
    Have a good weekend.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally adorable, and that includes the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This layout is so cute...I love your bubble die cuts.

    ReplyDelete