Thursday 15 May 2014

Run, Leap, Splash, Repeat.

Back today with Sketch N Scraps 2nd layout sketch reveal of May.
We are still reveling in our Birthday Celebrations with fun challenges happening daily! 
This beautiful sketch was designed by Kelly Holifield.
I made a double page layout and used the sketch to design the first page.
A closer look at the sketch inspired page and you can see I used water splashes in place of the triangles! I also squeezed in two photo's instead of one. (I'm learning from the best Wendy!).
I had so many fun photo's that I wanted to have on these pages so I cut them all with a rectangle Nestabilities die and placed them in photo strips. I used some more strips of  paper from the first page for cohesion although there wasn't a lot of 'white space' left to fill! 
One of my blogging friends Wendy has inspired me lately to get cracking with my double pages as she usually uses the sketch challenge for the first page and then fills her second page with the rest of her photo's in a PL style. So thank you Wendy for the awesome inspiration! 
I love the look of enamel dots but I haven't got around to buying any yet as I have an abundance of brads to use up first - they are what I have used under the title.
Come and join in the fun over at Sketch N Scrap with three layout sketches to choose from, one card sketch with another reveal on the 20th! Then of course we have the DT challenges especially for our Birthday Bash! As per usual all the details on this challenge and all our other challenges can be found on the SNS blog along with our TWO sponsors details and all the DT challenges.
I am so Happy you stopped by. xx



8 comments:

  1. Love this Kerry, what a great idea to have a main page and double it up with all the other photos....mmmm...thinking cap well and truly on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry!!!!!!!!! You make me giggle and I think it is just awesome! Thank you! I appreciate the love too! The water splash is just INCREDIBLE! So perfect for this page! And your second page - well - I think the photo strips are very creative and simply fantastic! Though, I have to admit the first thing I noticed was - hey - I have that paper too! A true crafter at heart I suppose! Great double page.... of course! Cheers my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely page! Love the way you interpreted the sketch and stretched it to a two pager! Love that you were also able to include so many photos and still look awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic!!! Way to go! Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fantastic 2pager. Love the splashes. Your really managed to put a lot of photos onto your page without it looking cluttered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU have been nominated for the Liebster Award!
    Check it out! Hope you can join in :D

    http://stscrapbooker.blogspot.ca/2014/05/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you used the sketch and all the fabulously fun photos and bright, fun colors! Also, the idea of using the sketch for the first of two pages is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing! I love this sketch and just need to work out how I'm going to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fantastic way to use a lot of photos... I often struggle in the selection so I like it when I can use a lot of them! Great summer page!

    ReplyDelete