Monday 14 September 2015

Summer Soaking.

The first challenge for September over at The Studio Challenges is to use shaped photo's on your page. 
I wouldn't normally cut my photo's into anything other than a rectangle or square but I am not one to turn down a challenge!


These photo's are from way back in 2007, our family holiday to Disneyland. The girls and their cousin were playing in the water feature in the 'It's a Bugs Life' playground, getting wet but cooling down!
After I had picked my photo's and the papers I wanted to use (Pebbles, Garden party) I flipped through my dies to see which shape I could get away with using.
A fairly large hexagon was the only shape that enabled me to keep all the girls in the photo's still.  


I cut my clouds from an appropriate worded sheet of paper and I added some faux stitching to resemble the rain. The sun was cut with my Silhouette and misted.


I am really into ripped papers at the moment so added a couple of layers along with some banners.
To keep with the hexagon theme I cut some images from the papers and placed them near the photo's.

If you enjoy shaping your photo's or even if it would be a real challenge to do so like it was for me, why not join in with us at The Studio Challenges. There is plenty of inspiration over on the blog HERE.

Thanks for popping in.
Hugs 
Kerry. xx  

4 comments:

  1. It's been a long time since i cut my photos into shapes. Those hexagons work well don't they. Fab layout and I love those papers...I only have a few scraps left x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the splattering and the raindrops on the background. Gorgeous layers makes for a lovely page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great layout, I love the photos in hexagons they work really well. So pleased to have you on the team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing page, Kerry!! LOVE the hexagon photos!!

    ReplyDelete