Tuesday 22 September 2015

Brothers?

I have recently been given a new laptop by darling Hubby and now I can take my Silhouette to crops and PLAY! I purchased a cloud cut file ages ago when I first saw it on The Cut Shoppe and now I have cut it out and created a layout with it!


Here is the layout I created, layering the clouds on top of some strips of bright papers.


Because the page is quite fussy I toned down the embellishments to a few scatterings of buttons and some images cut from the papers I was using.


The title took several attempts to get the right font and colour. When I cut it out in white cardstock it blended into the clouds too much, so I coloured them black with my Sharpies  but that made them too 'in your face'! Frustration was now taking hold when I tried spritzing with orange mist that just looked a mess, after wiping most of the mist off I went onto splats of white with a doodled border drawn around each one. Happy with this outcome I quickly adhered them to the page before I changed my mind!


Here is the gorgeous clouds cut out on my page.


Here is what the cut file looks like.
You can buy it HERE.

I am entering this layout into The Cut Shoppe September challenge.
Details of their challenge and to see the amazing DT inspiration head on over to the Cut Shoppe blog HERE.

Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs
Kerry. xx


6 comments:

  1. Loving the cut clouds, super cute page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your clouds, a perfect addition to a purrfectly lovely layout!!! So are these two brothers? I was thinking you only had one orange cat....I just LOVE your cat layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the strips and the clouds!!! Fabulous layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cut file looks fantastic over the patterned paper strips...gorgeous page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Lynette - the clouds do look great over the paper strips!

    ReplyDelete