Wednesday 31 October 2012

Sketch Time.

Over at Scrap, Paper, Scissors blog a couple of weeks ago their new DT member Tracee used a sketch from Pagedrafts .com that I instantly fell in love with and decided to do a page based on it.
I am a great lover of sketches anyway but this is a sketch blog that I didn't know about but will be visiting again.


Here is the page I made with the use of Tracee's sketch choice. It shows some photo's from a Scissor Sisters concert that I went to last year at Newmarket Race course.

This is the fab sketch from Pagedrafts.

When I looked through my papers I couldn't find any papers with the right shade of blue, but luckily I had some mists that were perfect. So using a star mask that I made myself out of  Nestabilities and some acetate I sprayed some white Bazzil with blue and black ink, moving the mask around to get some layers. 

I also really wanted some scissors on the page and as I didn't have any dies or embellishments in the shape of scissors I went onto the internet and got a clipart picture. After playing around in Word I managed to make two strips of scissors to run down both sides of my patterned paper.

 
One last close up.
 
Tracee has put up another Pagedrafts sketch up on the Papermaze blog this week so I may have to have a go at that one too as it's another doozie.
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow I love what you did with the sketch! Making your own masks and borders is so cool and they are perfect for your layout. Thankyou for playing along! Tx

    ReplyDelete
  2. woawww just love your LO!!!!!!! love it!!
    bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kerry, I stumbled across your page using our Page Draft- Template 13.3. I would love to showcase your page on our blog and Fb page. If your interested could you email me at justagirlwithideas@hotmail.com your photo and a link to this post. Sincerely Em Stafrace :)

    ReplyDelete