Wednesday 27 February 2013

Scrap The Girls.

Scrap the girls blog had a sketch challenge earlier this month and I have only just gotten around to finishing the page with just 16 hours to go before the deadline (phew).
Now this is the challenge site for me as I have three girls and 99% of my photo's have one or more of them in, so finding photo's for their challenges is not difficult!
I am still plowing through the holiday photo's from last year and the photo I've used was waiting for the right inspiration and it came in the form of this sketch...

 
 
Here is my take on it, I have moved the photo and the vertical strips to one side as I liked the look better and the papers I used were mostly from SEI. My usual glitter title and even some hand stitching went into creating some texture.
 

I have fallen in love with sequins and thought I would add some subtle lines of them in a couple of places.

 
I managed to make a heart from a paper clip today, I have been trying to work out how to do it for a while without success and so cheated and looked it up on Pinterest! So you will probably be seeing them around in future.

Ok, now I know that it's probably too late to start a page to enter the challenge at Scrap The Girls, but if you are a quick scrapper it could be done!! Find all the details HERE. 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the strips, the stitching and the sequins. Lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kerry this is just wonderful. I love everything about this layout. What a great use of our sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap The Girls!

    ReplyDelete