Friday 20 September 2013

A Bit Carried Away But......

Ok I have been loving my watercolour box more and more these days and I got a bit carried away with the sketch challenge at Sarah's Cards but I LOVE the result. Does that mean I am changing my style? Probably not, it just means that occasionally I have lots of fun with messy stuff... it's all good!

Anyway here is the sketch challenge for this month at Sarah's Cards.

 
   As you can see there is lots of lovely 'white' space and I am loving the sweep of those stars.

 
As my photo and the title required something with a bit of an attitude I decided I would not make my layout too girly so I started off with some texture paste and lots of paint splats using several colours.
I messed up the papers under the photo with the paint too and as is usually the case the piece of chevron die-cut paper at the back got almost covered up by the time I finished with the other elements!!
 

Instead of stars I added some gold sequins to go with my glittery title.
 

Gold glitter title, yum!
 

I fussy cut some flowers from some patterned paper (like I do) and added them where the tag is on the sketch. By the time I had finished my page is was looking a lot more girly than I intended but that's the way a page evolves sometimes isn't it?
 
I know you love this sketch too so why not join in the fun and have a go at creating a page and enter the challenge.
All the details are HERE.
 
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend whatever you are up too.
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I love the splatters and the masking. Beautiful layout. Gold seem to be a new trend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job! Love the texture paste and splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Kerry!! Amazing texture and super cool :D I really am hoping to see you take part in the Sketchbook365 challenge ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic LO, I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab layout! I love using texture paste and paint too! (don't worry, in my layout i have a doily under the pic which i realised at the end i didnt really like and so just stuck my photo over it!) - so it goes!

    ReplyDelete