Sunday 1 September 2013

Demi's 1st Forage. With Sketch N Scrap #40.

This is definitely not my favourite month of the year, the children go back to school which signals the start of Autumn, (which leads to Winter, Brrrr!) it's my Birthday month which means I'm another year older!!! Then of course it's the month the shops start to stock Christmas products and I start to panic over what I will get everyone!
But all clouds have a silver lining and today is the reveal of this month's first layout sketch (# 40) at Sketch N Scrap, we do so love a new sketch and it's another chance to put our creative fingers to good use!

 
Now Lisa has been particularly creative and has come up with a sketch to really get you excited!
 
I have to be honest and say that when I first laid eyes on this sketch I was a little concerned about the complexity of it, BUT when I started to select my photo's and paper I realised that there is nothing complicated about the sketch at all and I can hand on heart say it's one of the most enjoyable sketches I have worked with. 
 
 
I found a sheet of Pebbles paper that was perfect for the colours in one my photo's and has some pretty flowers on it to give it a feminine feel. The photo's show our kitten Demi exploring the garden for the first time and luckily I could crop them to fit in with the sketch.
 
 
 I only had four photo's to play with so I replaced the fifth one with a journaling circle. We are totally flexible with the sketch's interpretation!
 

I have had these blue flowers in my stash for longer than I care to remember and as I am on an old stash busting drive at the moment I decided it was high time I found a use for them. A few stickers and punched leaves and I was happy with my page.

We would dearly love for you to join us with sketch #40 and there is a fantastic prize up for grabs too. So for the details of what you could win, the rules for playing along and of course the rest of the DT's layouts just swing over to the Sketch N Scrap Blog HERE.
See you there!
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Love, love, love! I always love sweet pet layouts! So very pretty and you rocked the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours and you have rocked the sketch! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you have done with the sketch Kerry....and I do like a layout with lots of pics too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful take on the sketch. I love the clean lines of your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really does look like a complicated sketch, but you've made it look easy ! great photos and super colours and it still looks spacious, if you see what I mean..not overcrowded at all xxxx

    ReplyDelete