Thursday 7 May 2015

Double Dose of Doubles.

Hi!
How have you been?
I have been MIA lately with a nasty cold that dragged on for four days, over the Bank Holiday too!
I did manage to add the finishing touches to three layouts that have been hanging around giving me the evil eye!
Two were double pagers and these are the ones I am sharing with you today.
They were not done with any challenges in mind as I find fitting in all my photo's around sketches can be too much of a struggle.


So here is my first double pager and I scrapped the momentous uphill climb we made on holiday last year in France. The uphill struggle was through woods that lead to waterfalls, which made the climb so worth it!


The top three photo's were taken near the beginning of the climb when everyone was enthusiastic and the bottom two were taken at the point when our daughters decided that this wasn't fun anymore! 


But here is proof that we made it to the top and lived to tell the tale!


One of my friends had donated a whole batch of gorgeous chipboard letters to our craft club that were perfect for making a quirky title.


A quick close up of the cluster on the right page.


My second double has a different feel with pastel colours and lots of white space.
This time we are in Annecey near to where we were staying in France, having a little explore of the beautiful and very old town. 


The left side. 
I wanted to have this photo on it's own as I love it, my youngest and me were standing on an old wooden bridge over a fast running small river. The scene was gorgeous and you wouldn't know you were in the middle of a town standing there! 


A selection of different parts of the town, old buildings with character, a market full of amazing fresh French produce and the beautiful river that runs down from the surrounding mountains and through the town. 


My dear friend Helen has a die for the view finder slide and I used one as a backing for some flowers and ticket below my title. Makes a lovely change from a doily don't you think?

Well, there you are my two latest creations, hope you liked them.
I am meeting up with Helen tomorrow so we will be sharing our Friendly Challenge with each other. This challenge is a tic, tac, toe that was set by Helen and I will be taking photo's to share with you in the next few days.

Thanks for dropping in.
Hugs, Kerry. xx 
  

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous layouts!! Love your two pagers!! Loving the patterned background on the Hike one with those fun colored papers!!! Love your clusters and LOVE the viewfinder instead of a doily!! I can't get used to using a doily on my layouts, even though it looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hike layout

    the colours are amazing together

    ReplyDelete