Saturday 7 November 2015

Friendly Challenge - I Remember When...

It's that time of the month where my scrapping bestie Helen and I get together to share chat, soup, cake and our latest challenge.
Last month I challenged us to create a layout with 'I Remember When....' as all or part of our title.

I was experimenting with my layout using a dark patterned paper as opposed to my usual white and I think I like it! Perhaps it's this particular paper or the old photo or the splash of glitter, but whatever it is I will try another dark one and see if I enjoy it as much! (this is me outside my comfort zone!).


Using my September Like Forever Kit (my favourite so far!) I created this layout about my memories from the years when I lived in Cyprus - much like a holiday with some schooling added! I listed my memories and placed them in a pocket (top right of photo) to read them when ever I want to reminisce! 


I absolutely love the Thickers that came with the kit, I love the font, the colour and they glitter of course!


Fussy cut flowers were a must on a layout about me and I also added some other favourites - ink splats, sequins and some die cut foliage.


Inside the ephemera pack was this lovely 'Home Sweet Home' circle that was perfect for my layout about where I used to live and the acetate banner with memories in gold.


We are checking out Helen's take on the challenge now and she also scrapped a photo of herself from when she was quite young. Not about where she lived but on memories of when her little brother was born.


Her wonderful title work was produced on her Cricut and I love the boldness of it, so trendy at the moment.


Helen was recently given a new Tim Holtz die set of scribble shapes and she has used the heart one on her page, layered with doily, her favourite heart die strip and a wooden word. (not forgetting a sprinkling of sequins!). 


Helen has a new set of Brusho's too (wonderful invention!) and had a play with the yellow one on her page. Don't you just love the effect on the background and just to be totally inspirational she fussy cut some of the paper shapes out like little shaped windows!

Now I'm sure you have seen the odd cat layout on my blog!!!!
Our next challenge is to create a layout using some (or all!) of these cute cat wood veneers.
Such a difficult challenge for us both as we only have eleven cats between us!

Thank you for stopping by here today and hope you enjoyed seeing another 'Friendly Challenge'.
I will be back soon with a page for The Studio Challenges new reveal which is tomorrow.
Until then have a great weekend.
Hugs
Kerry. xx

7 comments:

  1. WOW!! Two amazing and darling pages!! LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pages as always. Great to scrap some older memories and get the stories recorded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both pages are gorgeous...the two of you have totally different styles...and it is great to see what you both did with the same challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I love meeting a friend for cake, chat, and creating. And I bet you too have a great timel!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kerry, I have just stumbled on to your lovely pages and started following - does Helen also have a blog that I could follow? Thank you Leanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leanne, so glad you have found me and thanks for your kind words. Unfortunately Helen does not have a blog as she is a bit of a technophobe! But I will be posting our next challenge on here next week hopefully!

      Delete
  6. Thanks I have signed up for newsletters - looking forward to it xx

    ReplyDelete