Monday 2 November 2015

Hello Beautiful.

I have been under the weather lately, not ill but definitely feeling down in the dumps.
Maybe it's the onset of winter, with the dark nights, the cold and damp creeping into everyday chores.
Whatever it is it's causing lethargic days and  'just want to curl up in front of the telly' nights which is not like me at all.
So here I am trying to not neglect my blog and share some layouts that I have created with my Like Forever Kits, which I love receiving. There is always mad excitement going on in the LFE Facebook community when we are about to have the postie knocking at the door with our pizza box parcel of paper goodness. We are like kids in a sweet shop, eager to spend our pennies on the new and delicious offerings Nicola has to offer.


Here is a picture of the 'Hello Beautiful' kit that we have just recently received.
So far I have made two layouts with it and hope to cut the paper up some more at tonight's crop.


This is the first layout I made and apart from the doily everything was from the kit.
The photo is a selfie of my youngest daughter who (being a crazy panda lover) has just had me papering one of her bedroom walls with bamboo forest wallpaper! I was a little worried about the bright green taking over the room but I actually quite like it now it's up and she loves it, so all's good in the teenage world (for now anyway!).


The stitched vellum pockets are perfect for filling with sequins and tags and I really enjoyed playing outside my box with this embellishment.


This sweet bow was fussy cut from one of the papers.



The gold letters are just lovely and this huge 'Beautiful' wooden word was so easy to emboss and makes a real statement on my page.


This is the second page from the kit and is totally different from the first.
This photo is of my middle daughter giving me 'the look' for taking her photo!
I started out by cutting some large chevrons using my Silhouette and backing them with some plain blue cardstock and one of the patterned papers.


I tried to re-colour a white doily with mists, it came out a bit darker than I would of liked but hey that's life! I was adding darker elements to the photo and it's surroundings anyway so I went with the flow!


I used one of the stickers from the kit for my title and I just need to find what year the photo was taken and this page will be good to go into her album. 

Thanks for stopping by today and hope the weather is better where you are!

Hugs
Kerry. xx

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages!!! LOVE the layering in the first one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be the weather...I can feel my energy levels pick up on warm days. This is such a lovely kit and your two pages are beautiful. Love the little velum pocket and the way you used the velum on your second page too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely the weather! We had a spell of fantastic and unseasonably warm weather last week and everyone was happy. Today the weather turned cold and rainy and well - everyone is not so happy anymore. Kerry - I need to take a class from you on your clusters. I am serious! I truly enjoy your creativity. Thanks for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the time of year Kerry, it can be good to snuggle up around the fire in front of the tv on dark nights. Lovely pages, these do look good kits. I love the chevrons that you cut, such a nice idea.

    ReplyDelete