Friday 19 April 2013

Friends Challenge.

Hooray. It's the weekend! I have a busy one planned and very much looking forward to some time with family and friends.
Talking of friends I spent yesterday at my dear friend Helen's home (in her craft cabin mostly) scrapping chatting and generally having a wonderful time as usual.
As you know, Helen and I challenge each other with a scrappy theme every time we meet up, sometimes it's colours, other times it's a theme like Christmas or a wedding.
We had recently visited our local scrapbook shop called Papermaze and both fell in love with the Pebbles line called 'Family Ties' (you can see the range HERE). So we decided to buy some sheets of the papers and use them as our challenge.

 
Here is the page I created using a photo that is one of my favourites, showing my niece and my father having a hug during a recent family get-together.
I love papers that allow you to cut elements from the pattern to use as embellishments, like all the flowers and the birds/houses on my page.
 

I added some Stickles glue to the centre of the flowers to add a bit of sparkle and raised some of them up on sticky pads.



How could anyone resist putting these cute birds and their houses on a page? Not me.
 

 
Helen's delightful page showcases her daughter and a neighbour who have been friends since they were little (cute photo at the top). Not that any of us have ever done this! but Helen staged the second photo so that she could scrap the 'then and now' But hey, we will do anything for a scrapbook page idea! 
 

Helen also fussy cut out the flowers on her page from a patterned sheet (please don't compare the cutting out quality between the two of us).



Helen's page shows more of those cute birds and bird houses and she also cut some of her title letters from blue glitter card the same as me (we all love a bit of glitter).

Do you have challenges with your scrappy friends, if not you should try it. Helen and I have been challenging each other for years now and still find new ideas to experiment with and it's interesting to see each others take on the same theme/papers. 

Well thanks for dropping by and I wish you a fabulous weekend. xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment