Wednesday 3 April 2013

Sketch to Scrapbook Page- using Triangles.

Hello and welcome, I hope you all had a fantastic Easter break and had plenty of time to put glue to paper!
I have a page to show you today that I made using Shimelles prompt - Sketch to Scrapbook Page - using Triangles in your Scrapbook Design.

Here is the sketch that Shimelle used as her starting point and you can see her page and that of the talented Piradee Talvanna HERE.
 
Here is my layout based on Shimelle's sketch using triangles but as you can see I turned the sketch to best accommodate my two photos. Then added lots of triangles curving down to the photo that I cut from both pattern papers and book paper.
I decided to use book paper after reading a post on Shimelle's blog written by Julie Kirk all about different ways to use book paper on your pages. You can read the article HERE.


I wanted to have some book paper as a background as well but it looked a bit plain on it's own so I took inspiration from another post on Shimelle's blog written by Wendy Sue Anderson about making frames using washi tape HERE. Although I did not use several types as Wendy did because I was after a cleaner look (and I don't have any orange washi tape YET!) so my washi tape just frames the book paper.


Here is a close-up of the cute starfish that I made using my children's seaside stencils, I used them and some banners instead of the other sets of triangles on the sketch.

Now that I have left you lots of links to Shimelle's blog posts you have no excuse to not visit her awesome blog and even have a go at the regular challenges she has to get your creative juices flowing.

3 comments:

  1. Kerry - I do not know where to begin. I love your take on this sketch and how you adapted it to fit your needs! I enjoyed all the elements of your page - the book paper, tape, handmade starfish - it is all fabulous! You leave me inspired! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful page and you used a few tips from Shimelle's last few guest posts! Very inspiring.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful page. I love how the triangles curve down towards the photo.

    ReplyDelete