Saturday 13 April 2013

Sketchbook 365 April Sketch.

Hope you have all had a great week, it's the last few days of the school Easter Holidays here in the UK and we took the opportunity to spend a couple of days away with the family.
We didn't go far and it was still a bit cold by the coast but the hotel was lovely and we visited a great bird sanctuary. So there will be some layouts soon featuring some featured friends rather than furry as is the case today on the page I have to show you.

 
Here is the sketch challenge over at Sketchbook 365 this month and there is a great prize up for grabs as usual.

 
Here is my take on the sketch and the design reminded me of a house so I went along those lines and put my title on a chipboard house that I cut out by hand and doodled around before adding some washi tape to sit the title on.
I took inspiration from my daughters jumper for the colour combo, (not that I need an excuse to use orange these days) the background paper is by Pink Paisley.
 

Our dear old cat Bramble used to love to sit with whoever was using the computer and even though she was usually in the way she was just too sweet natured to be cross with and always got to sit where ever she liked and we just worked around her!

The sketch challenge over at Sketchbook365 is open until 19th April so there is still time to whip up a page and enter. You can find all the details HERE.

I am off now to start another page whilst hubby is watching Dr Who with the girls. Wishing you a fab weekend. xx

4 comments:

  1. this is beautiful! such lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! I just came over from the Sketchbook 365 blog where your page caught my eye! Loving your interpretation of the sketch and those flowers/leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for linking us up at 365 and giving me the chance to come over and see how you created such a lovely take on the sketch from my page. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you also via Sketchbook365 - I love your hand cut house, am very impressed! I try anything like that and it usually looks rubbish! And the heart smoke, so cute :) Lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete