Saturday 19 October 2013

When September Ends.

It's that time of year in the UK where I go around my garden and tidy away all the dead plants and leaves. But just last week the sun was shining and the temperatures were surprisingly warm for the time of year and whilst I was clearing the debris I noticed that some of my plants were still flowering away! I didn't have the heart to cut them back yet so instead I took some photo's to remind myself how lucky we are for the mild weather.
 
 
The sketch #252 for Creative Scrappers gave me the idea to make a photo collage of my flowers pictures instead of individual prints.


 
I wanted to create a rainbow effect background so I watercoloured some paper with the same shades as my flowers and then cut it into strips adding faux stitching between. I added some black watercolour splashes and a film strip to bring in some more black and the word September in the title was originally green letter stickers but they were not bold enough so I just coloured them black with a Promarker.
The inspiration for the title came when I heard the Green Day song 'Wake me up when September ends', just beautiful! You can hear it HERE.
 
 
I watercoloured my butterfly images and added some glaze to give them some shine. 

 
A few more little embellies and I was happy.
 
 
For the sketch challenge #252 the link is HERE and there are the wonderful DT examples to inspire.
 
Thanks for popping by and I hope you are having a great crafty weekend. xx

 

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors, the paper strips, the butterflies and the lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I like the sketch and I love your watercolored strips of paper! Gorgeous flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful page! Love the water coloring, faux stitching and the rainbow color combo! Awesome take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. KERRY! You know what is somewhat interesting --- I was looking at my garden thinking the SAME thing. (Except, I did not have the chance to tidy it up yet...) My flowers are still blooming! What a wonderful idea to scrap your garden. I love how you captured this memory and the title is perfect! Your page is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty. Love the colours and the faux stitching.

    ReplyDelete