Sunday 15 December 2013

Homemade, with Color Me Scrappy.

I love to make homemade meals using the fruit and vegetables from my allotment, so I took some photo's this year of some of the recipes I make when I bring home some of the produce I grow.

Luckily there is a challenge at Color Me Scrappy revealed today that not only has a lovely colour palette but we ask you to make the subject of your page about food.


Here are the yummy colours and inspiring picture which are perfect for a foodie challenge!
 
 
Here is my take on the challenge and as you can see the colours were perfect for my photo's as my apron has some of the colours from the palette.
The photo's show me making plum jam, tomato sauce for pasta and butternut squash soup.
I love banners (who doesn't!) and wanted to make a feature of  it so I placed quite a large one across the middle of my layout.
 

To go with the homemade theme I added this crochet flower I made recently at one end of the banner.
 
 
At the other end of the banner I tied a double bow in the twine and adhered it to my page with a brad that mirrors the one in the centre of my flower.
 
I hope your (creative) juices are flowing and you will join me and the rest of the Color Me Scrappy design team with this challenge. Perhaps you have some Thanksgiving photo's to scrap or perhaps a summer picnic, if so this is the perfect challenge for you! 
To see the rest of the DT's scrumptious takes on this fun food reveal head on over to the Color Me Scrappy blog HERE.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and please scroll down to see my first layout of the day!
 


7 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful and well thought out page, Kerry! I love how the photos tell a story, and I really like the design of you layout. And I want to wish you a Merry Christmas, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous color palette! I love your layout - that banner is superb

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous and yummy as well! Thanks for your kind words that you left on my blog! It's been wonderful working along side you as well. We shall cross paths quite often I'm sure! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Kerry, A really pretty and fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your doodled banner....adds to the homemade feel and the photo's are making my mouth water! Lovely page Kerry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous design Kerry, I really love your big banner and especially the dotty brads.
    Oh you must enter one of your Cristmas cards to the Scrapology blog, It's such a simple challenge this month...how many crafty people do you know who don't make a christmas card or 2 ??
    http://scrapology-adventuresinscrapbooking.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/december-card-challenge-its-christmas.html
    Look forward to seeing it there!!
    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout. I love your little banner.

    ReplyDelete