Sunday 1 December 2013

Royal Residence.

Happy December crafty friends! As it's the 1st of a new month I have the latest sketch that was revealed over at Sketch N Scrap to show you.

 
This is Lisa Hidy's fab sketch and I know you will want to create a page with it as it's such a fun and simple design that you will have your page finished in no time.

 
I had so much fun creating this page as I had the perfect amount of photo's and the sketch allowed me to recreate a castle effect at the top that doubled as a pocket to place the entrance ticket into Windsor Castle. 
 
 
The papers are all various My Minds Eye and the title banner was made by yours truly in MS Publisher. To add interest to the twine I threaded a button on and adhered a couple of those cute little Studio Calico stars.
 

The flag was made using a cocktail stick and a piece of Union Jack ribbon given to me by a friend.

 
For the cluster at the top, I first used a zig zag border punch once on each side of the page corner and backed the hole with some of the leftover patterned paper, added some banners, a button and some more yummy stars. I doodled all the edges because now my pages look naked without it!
 
I really hope you will be able to find the time to play along with us this month and remember we now have two card sketches a month (5th and 20th) as well as two layout sketches, so when you make a Christmas card you could use one of our sketches and enter into the draw for this month's prize! 
 

For all the scrummy DT layout's and details of the prize you just need to head over to the Sketch N Scrap blog HERE.
 
I love that you stopped by. xx
Happy Crafting.
 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout Kerry - I love how you put the title in that banner! Nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your page Kerry. Such awesome photos in the muted setting.

    ReplyDelete