Tuesday 21 April 2015

But First........

The layout I am sharing with you today was based on a sketch over at The Memory Nest where Leslie sets challenges called Make It Monday
The one I used was number 37.


Here is the sketch and I used it to make the first page of a double pager, I also turned it to accommodate my photo's.


Here is my layout, I had lots of great selfie's that my daughters and their friends took in Paris last summer.


For my title I used the words from the song by The Chainsmokers called #Selfie, which I'm sure you have all heard of! The girls took forever standing with the Eiffel Tower behind them taking photo's!


I used these beautiful Teresa Collins papers that I adore and as I have bought several of this flowery one I thought I would indulge myself and use a big chunk down the side! Normally I would only use these sorts of papers for fussy cutting, I don't know what came over me!! 


I have a mask that was cut using my Silhouette that I thought would be perfect for the background as reminds me of the Eiffel Towers structure.


Here is a close up of the masking, I wanted it quite subtle so used a Mr Hueys mist called Splash that matched the blue paper.
 My title was made up with a combination of Thickers and Sizzix die. 


This lovely tag was on one of the patterned papers and the thin strip at the bottom was part of the cut off strip (waste not!).

This challenge runs until 1st May and there is another awesome sketch Leslie has posted this week too. So head on over to The Memory Nest blog HERE for more details, 

Thanks for stopping by. xx




8 comments:

  1. Kerry, what a super page! I love everything about it - the background you created, the embellishment cluster, the papers and of course the photos. Real class job! Thanks for sharing at The Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - this layout is gorgeous! Love the subtleness of the masking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this GORGEOUS page!!! WOW!! I love the masking - mine never comes out good but I may have to use your layout to help me get better - love the subtleness. This is just beautiful and an amazing way to use the sketch to make a two pager!! thanks for playing along, Kerry!! xo P.S. I had a dream about visiting Paris and the Eiffel tower last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love This layout the colors are so pretty. Thank you for joining us at the Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun double pager! I love those papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with the sketch--FABULOUS photos! well done...Thanks for joining in the THE MEMORY NEST!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Kerri!!! Love your background and fun photos. Hope all is well! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY - I really can't express how much I LOVE this layout - it is just SO MUCH FUN! What a great way to capture an awesome memory! Thanks for playing along at The Memory Nest!

    ReplyDelete