Monday 20 April 2015

Love This.

I had great plans to scrap until I dropped this month but here we are way past the middle of the month and I am just getting started on some of the challenges I wanted to enter!
Luckily I had a day crop organised this past Saturday so I did manage to make a start on my challenge list. 


Stuck's first sketch challenge of the month is where I started with my scrapping and due to the photo I changed the orientation of the sketch.


Here is my take on the sketch which I kept to almost exactly, but when it's a great sketch I usually do. I played around with some new masks that I bought this month, getting messy with ink in different ways.
I love this photo of me posing with my youngest daughter with my eldest daughter photo bombing in the background!


A close-up of the top cluster.


I am always a bit nervous about using masks (doesn't stop me buying them though!) the results can't always be predicted especially when using mists as well. 
With this Tim Holtz mask I used a Distress Stain which ran a little under the mask, the edges are less sharp than they would have been using mists but by the time I splatted, inked and stamped over the rest of the page I quite liked the less formal effect.

Thanks for stopping by today and if you want to play along with this challenge you have until 29th April to link your layout on the Stuck blog HERE.

Toodles. xx


6 comments:

  1. I love this layout! The black and white with just a bit of color is just beautiful! I've bought several masks, but just can't ever seem to get the right effect. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous altered background!!! LOVE the colors and LOVE this layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is so pretty, love the background work! So glad you managed to find time to scrap and join us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the background and your take on the sketch! Thank for playing along with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome page Kerry, love the background! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your colour choices and that background work! WOW! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete