Wednesday 1 October 2014

Back To Life, Back To Reality.

Hello and welcome to my little corner of blogland and today is of course the beginning of October! So over at Sketch N Scrap we are celebrating the 1st sketch reveal of the new month.
Fabulous sketch from Lisa Hidy.
 I had this photo of the largest ironing pile I have ever had to tackle after a holiday and so thought it was ideal to have it trimmed long and narrow for this challenge.
I wanted to use fabric on my page to represent the clothes so I dug deep into my fabric scraps for some plain but colourful cottons. Because the page is quite fussy I left off the circles from the sketch even though I wanted to hand stitch them. I just knew that if I added them it would be a step too far.
 My title consists of rub-on lettering and the word Life hand stitched onto die cut fabric.
 I also cut these little clothes from the cottons I found. I had to mount them onto some white cardstock as they were a little bit delicate.
These flowers were cut from some patterned paper by My Little Shoebox.

Ok now that you have seen the wonderful sketch it's time to hop on over to the Sketch N Scrap blog and check out the DT examples and play along yourself of course!
We have a brand new sponsor this month!  We are so excited to welcome Scraptures kit club as our sponsor this month. 
Scraptures is generously offering a lovely kit to one lucky randomly selected winner this month!!!!
Details on how to join in the fun can be found on the SNS blog HERE.
See you there. xx

6 comments:

  1. OH MY!! I LOVE this page!!! Just darling! Great colors, love the letters in Life and the little clothes. Great title too!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry, I am giggling and feel for you!! You've embellished perfectly - love love love the stitching

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your layout! So fun and so true the work that comes after we have been on vacation! Love all your fun embellies!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That IS a huge ironing pile ! Love how you embellished the page with fabric and a real sense of fun xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerry.... this is worthy of being published! Then again, all your work is.... Your creativity is outstanding! Those letters are absolutely perfect for this layout! AND if that wasn't enough, your fussy cutting skills are to die for! Well done!

    ReplyDelete