Monday 6 October 2014

Meeting Mushu.

Hello and thank you for stopping by, I am writing this post on this very wet and windy Monday thankful that I don't have to leave the house!
Whilst waiting for Autoglass to come and fix the chip in my car windscreen I took the opportunity to finish a layout I started last night for the October layout sketch challenge over at Scrapology.
Here is the sketch which is based on a layout by Julianne McKenna-De Lumen, otherwise known as Jules The Bling Princess. You can see her original layout on the Scrapology blog.
 And here is my layout which I kept to the basic sketch design but lightened it by using hand stitching instead of paper for the frame at the bottom half. This photo is from way back in 2007 when we visited Disneyland the first time and back then my girls were quite excited to get their autographs from the characters.
 I made a tag from some leftover paper, stitched around it and added a quote from Mushu that I found on the web.
All the flowers were cut from a sheet that I have had for many years and decided to base this page around them. The other papers I used on this layout were Bella Blvd oldies too.

That's it for me today but I will be back soon.
Thanks again for coming over to my side of blogland. xx

3 comments:

  1. What a great way of creating your label shapes Kerry, great fun layout. Thanks for being first to enter this month's Scrapology challenge.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! Love the hand stitching and the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coming to your side of blogland! Isn't it fun to watch our kids excited about obtaining autographs from "cartoon" characters! Fond memories.... Your hand stitching is perfect and what a good idea to use that instead of papers. What a fun page! Great work!!!

    ReplyDelete