Thursday 28 March 2013

Making Banners with Photo's.

I am a bit behind with Shimelle's 'sketch to scrapbook page' challenges, this one that I finished yesterday was posted on her blog way back in February! I think I might have to skip a few and start up again with her latest challenge which is  'Using triangles in your scrapbooking design' .
You really should check out her blog as there is always something beautiful going on there.

 
Here is the sketch that Shimelle used for her challenge and I must admit that although I like banners I have never wanted to put one across the whole of my page like this. So it's a real challenge for me.

 
I only had two photo's that I wanted to work with so used a quote card instead of the third one.
I found it quite difficult to put this page together as I really felt out of my comfort zone. The photo's are of my brothers children a little while after the moved to Vegas and were settling into new schools.
 

A final close up of the middle cluster of embellishments. If you are a regular visitor to my blog you will know that these are not my regular colour/style of papers and I think that didn't help with my comfort zone either.
I think it may be a little quiet around here for a while as it's the Easter holidays and hubby is off work as well for a fortnight but I hope to get some craftiness done on the sly.

I wish you all a very chocolatey Easter and the diet will start up again next week! 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Kerry this is beautiful...I love the way you changed the sketch to suit your own style...I also love the pretty butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute layout. I really love your selection of embellishments. I thought this was a tough sketch to follow as well. Happy Easter to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOO Kerry - this is simply beautiful! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete