Wednesday 13 March 2013

Mother and Daughter Scrapbooking.

I have two pages to share with you today both of them using the same sketch but one of them is mine and the other belongs to my mum, Joan. Some say that we have a similar scrapbook style which I can see myself sometimes but I will see what you think!

 
Here is the gorgeous sketch from the January 2012 archives at Pagemaps
 
 
Here is the page I made with the sketch turned on it's side to accommodate my photo, lots of Echo Park papers and some doodling.
 

Do you like my Memory Box butterfly? I got it from Papermaze whilst visiting the shop last month and I think it's going to be one of my favourite dies (well it is a butterfly!) I was experimenting with different backgrounds to the butterfly as it was a bit lost on it's own and I was pleasantly surprised that the big bold circles went so well. What do you think?


Now here is my mum's take on the sketch and she has kept the orientation the same. Yes, that photo is of my dad who loves to play the fool in front of his grandchildren and is always up for having his photo taken no matter how silly he looks.
 

I love the banners mum used, adding movement to the fun and colourful layout.
 
I love working with PageMaps sketches as I'm sure many of you do. They are always beautifully designed and so many to choose from, you can't help but find a sketch to suit your needs and get the inspiration flowing!
I hope you liked seeing two different takes and hopefully I will be back soon.  
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Both your layout and your moms are amazing..love that little butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketch and 2 super layouts... they are both light and bright and follow the sketch faithfully. I like both and yes its lovely to see 2 versions.
    karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, PageMaps have some great sketches. I love how you made it your own. And yes, that butterfly is stunning! I look forward to seeing more butterflies on your pages! : ) Your dad seems hysterical! Your mom's take on the sketch is great too! Both pages are very colorful and great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Kerry!
    Thank you for visit my blog.

    Both layouts are gorgeous! I love colorful pages!

    Surama

    ReplyDelete