Tuesday 26 March 2013

Sweet Bramble.

Baby it's cold out there! So shall we stay in today and scrap? I think so too.
I have a few pages that need finishing off from our Saturday crop in snowy Bradfield and I quickly put the final touches to this page this morning so that I could show you.
I am really pleased how this page turned out because I not only had a go at playing with texture paste and a mask but it was a home made recipe that I found HERE.

I made the page using this sketch from Creative Craft World.
I got the idea for the masking from the inset rectangle in the middle of the sketch.
 
 
You may need to click on the image to see the masking clearer.
 
The recipe for the page came from the 1,2,3 Challenge Blog.
 
 

The page is of our dear cat that we lost to old age last year, an amazing 18 1/2 years (that's nearly 130 in cat years!). She was named Bramble because we found her in nearby woods after being dumped there as kittens along with her three sisters under some brambles!

 
To explain a little of how I masked my page I have a couple of re-created pics to show you. First I cut a frame from some scrap paper and placed it om my white cardstock. This was to represent the rectangle in the sketch.

 
On top of that I placed one of my home made masks that I cut last week out of some old acetate. Then I spread my texture paste from the middle outwards to the edge, then whilst it was still masked I spritzed black ink onto it so that only the masked area got covered in the ink.
When I took off the mask and the rectangle frame of paper I was left with a double masking of the paste. (hope that made sense).
I apologise for the quality of photo's today as it's so dull outside there is no good light for picture taking.
Off now to carry on with the other pages that need my attention and hopefully I will be back tomorrow with another to show you.
Until then keep warm and scrap on!

14 comments:

  1. Wow great technique and a fantastic tribute to your cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry! What a stunning layout! I love it! I still have yet to play with mixed media. I have to admit, I am a little intimidated by it. The weather here is also gloomy. We received 4.5 inches of snow yesterday! The last time it snowed this late in the year was in 1987 (before that it was in the early 1900's I believe!). Crazy winter! I am anxious to see color outside! Stay warm and I can't wait to see what you create next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Your page is just stunning! Thank you for joining in with us at Creative Craft World.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this is really cool! love the background. thanks for playing along at 123!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowsers, what an incredibly long life your kitty enjoyed! I really love your background!! Thanks for playing along with us at 123...

    ReplyDelete
  6. STUNNING idea/masking and misting. LOVE IT!!!! Great layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful...I love your home made mask...I should try that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's a great technique and it looks awesome. It's so sad when we lose our beloved pets. Fantastic take on the 1-2-3 challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...I love your homemade template, fabulous idea, the background looks brilliant! Such a lovely layout! Thanks for playing over @ 123! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful and heartfelt layout. Love the template!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at 123 - hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page Kerry, I love the red and black and what lovely memories of your pussycat :) Thanks for joining in the fun at 123! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. A super page! I love your masking and the texture paste is very effective :) Thank you for joining in with us at Creative Craft World. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a super cute page - fab use of the sketch xx thanks for joining us at CCW xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous! Fab photos and I love the inking and masking and all the brilliant layering.

    Thanks for joining in the Scrap Map challenge at CCW and good luck! :)

    Ali

    ReplyDelete